E-Learning Awards Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you have read these terms and conditions before registering your entries or making your submissions. By submitting an entry into the E-Learning Awards you agree to adhere to these terms and conditions.
1 Entry Registrations
- All entry registrations must be received at the offices of Bizmedia (“the organisers”) by 5pm BST on 1 July 2013 . Bizmedia will not take any responsibility for late entries.
- You can enter more than once in as many categories as you wish if you have more than one product or project which you feel meets the criteria. Each individual entry costs £135 plus VAT. For example three entries will cost £405 plus VAT
- By completing and submitting an entry form you are deemed to have registered for the E-Learning Awards and are liable for all related fees. All entry fees are strictly non-refundable regardless of whether a final submission is made.
- Bizmedia is unable to invoice entries from non UK based organisations and these must be paid by credit card. We accept Mastercard or VISA only. We do not accept American Express.
- All invoices must be settled by the due date stated on the invoice. Failure to pay by the due date will incur late payment charges. Normal terms are 30 days, however, all invoices relating to entry registrations must be settled by 1 June 2013 at the latest, even if they were issued less than 30 days beforehand.
- Entry registrations received after 1 May 2013 must be paid by credit card.
- All submissions must be received at the offices of Bizmedia Ltd by 5pm BST on 31 July 2013 . Bizmedia will not take any responsibility for late submissions.
- All submissions should be emailed directly to Bizmedia.
- The decisions made by the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into at any time.
- You can use whichever software you wish for your submission. Most people opt for Word, PDF or similar programmes.
- Submission must be a maximum of 2,000 words. The maximum word count includes any summary, appendices, PowerPoint slides or other accompanying written information. Text to accompany images as explanation is not counted but this must be kept to a minimum.
- Submissions exceeding the maximum word limit by more than 10% (2,200 words) will not be judged.
Submissions may be accompanied by any or all of the following if you feel they will add value:
- A short video file which must be no more than 5 minutes long.
- URLs to additional material, such as a demo of the programme or product.
- Slides or static screen displays. These must number no more than twelve.
- If you wish to provide any of the information above, the following should be noted:
- The judging panel will spend no more than 10 minutes viewing any URLs. You should therefore provide guidelines on how they should navigate the links within that time frame.
- The judging panel must be able to view any URLs or video without further interaction with you.
- It is your responsibility to provide correct login and password details or any electronic information. Neither Bizmedia nor the judging panel will take responsibility for broken or inaccurate links or video files, nor links or video files blocked by security settings or restrictions placed by internet service providers.
- Large video files should be sent using Dropbox or a similar programme rather than sent via email.
- CD-ROMs, DVDs, demos, USBs, company brochures or any additional electronic or printed information must not be submitted as these will not be reviewed or judged.
- Some categories require evidence from learners or users which may be followed up by the judges. In these cases please ensure that your submission includes evidence from your client and include contact details where possible.
- All material submitted may be used by e.learning age, both in print and online, at any time and may therefore enter the public domain. If specific information needs to remain confidential then you must make that clear in the submission. Confidential material should form no more than 30% of the content of your submission.
3 Presentations to the Judging Panel
- Submissions in certain categories will require a 25 minute personal presentation to the judging panel if shortlisted. These will take place between 9.00 am to 7.00 pm on consecutive days in September 2013 at a venue in London, UK.
- You will be notified in early September whether or not your submission has been shortlisted and given a date and time for your presentation.
- The date and time of your presentation is fixed and is not negotiable. Although we make every effort to accommodate travelling and time zones, it is not always possible to schedule presentations to meet individual needs.
- Presentations cannot be rescheduled for any reason. This includes lateness of more than 5 minutes (for any reason) or non attendance or miscalculation of time zones.
- For submissions requiring learner information please ensure that your presentation includes representatives of the learners where possible.
- You are strongly advised to bring a local copy of any online material you require for your presentation in case of internet difficulties. Neither Bizmedia nor the judging panel will take any responsibility for loss of connectivity during a presentation.
4 Online Presentations to the Judging Panel
- If you cannot present in person, it may be possible to arrange a online presentation. This will take place on the same days as the face to face presentations as part of the overall schedule. Online presentations must be arranged and agreed with the organisers and judges beforehand. Please contact us for further information once your submission is shortlisted.
- Any conflicts of interests must be disclosed upon submission, for example where a designated judge has a commercial interest in the prosperity of the company making a submission or its client.
- Any canvassing, lobbying or attempted inducement of judges at any time will lead to disqualification.
- Judges and organisers are bound by a clear agreement which prevents them from revealing the identity of winners until after the announcement of the award winners, which takes place during the gala evening on Thursday 7 November 2013.
6 Table and Seat Bookings
- All table and seat bookings for the E-Learning Awards gala evening on 7 November 2013 are non refundable.
- Bizmedia is unable to invoice non UK based organisations at any time.
- All invoices must be settled immediately. Failure to pay may incur late payment charges.
- Bookings for tables or seating made after 6 October 2013 must be paid by credit card.
- Bizmedia reserves the right to request payment by credit card only at any time if demand for space is high.
- All tables and seating are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Bizmedia is unable to reserve any space without a credit card payment or invoice being issued.
- The E-Learning Awards name, logo and images are the copyright of Bizmedia Ltd. Entry does not grant you rights to use the E-Learning Awards name, logo or images without the express written approval of Bizmedia. The organisers will provide shortlisted nominees, winners, sponsors and partners with special graphics by the organisers and their use is governed by the logo usage policy.
- The organisers reserve the right, in any circumstances, to cancel the E-Learning Awards at any time and shall not have any liability of whatsoever nature to entrants in such circumstances or otherwise.
Bizmedia reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions, without notice, at any time.
© Bizmedia Ltd. 2000-2013.
All rights reserved.
Bizmedia Ltd, Loddon Park Farm, New Bath Road, Twyford RG10 9RY, UK
Copyright @ 2012 - Bizmedia